Follow the Amgen Tour of California
Cycling Tour: May 15-21st, 2017
For the eleventh consecutive year, Santa Barbara Wine Country Cycling Tours will be shadowing stages of the Amgen Tour of California along the Central Coast and through the wine country of California.
Your unforgettable 7-day / 6-night cycling vacation includes deluxe accommodations, gourmet lunches and epic cycling everyday!, PLUS opportunities to see your favorite professional cyclists on stages of the Amgen Tour of California.
Join us in this exclusive guided cycling vacation, as we ride several “stages” of the Amgen Tour of California, including the pivotal “Mt. Baldy Mountain Top Finish” and the Epic Individual Time Trial in beautiful Big Bear Lake.
You will see many of the top professional cyclists in the world from Team BMC, Cannondale, Tinkoff-Saxo, challenge the defending champion Peter Sagan!. Finally we ride over the Angeles Crest Highway on the way to watch the exciting to the finish in downtown Pasadena!
See Daily Itinerary and Registration ...
“Follow the Race” Cycling Vacation, May 16-23
Join Santa Barbara Wine Country Cycling Tours as we follow stages 3 through 8 of the
2016 AMGEN Tour of California from the coastal beaches through the wine country to the Sierra Nevada's.
This all exclusive 8-day/ 7-night deluxe cycling package includes guided cycling tours along the same route as the pros. There will be countless opportunities to see top-level professional cyclists on 6 stages of the Amgen Tour of California. This cycling vacation includes accommodations, hosted dining, transfers between stages, premium carbon Specialized bike rentals, VIP hospitality passes at select stage finish lines and an exclusive wine-makers dinner in the wine country.
Your tour begins in Santa Barbara, with the epic, first-time mountain top finish on Gibraltar Road on Stage 3. Next we transfer to the seaside town of Morro Bay to begin the unprecedented ride along Big Sur northbound. After shuttling across the San Joachim Valley, you will pedal up the first climb over the Carson Pass en route to Lake Tahoe. We’ll meander our way to the foothills of Folsom to watch the Individual Time Trial, before transferring to the wine country to ride the epic Santa Rosa King Ridge Loop. Our journey finishes with a circuit around the state capital in Sacramento.
Length of Tour: 8-Days/ 7-Nights
Trip Dates: May 16-23, 2016
Level: 40-65 miles per day; intermediate to challenging; with options for additional miles.
Starting City: Santa Barbara, CA
Finish City: Sacramento, CA
Meet: Monday, May 16th, 2016 @ 1 PM, Santa Barbara Airport / Hotel Corque, Solvang Ca.
Depart: Monday May 23rd, 2016
– Transfer to Sacramento International Airport (SMF) or Santa Barbara Airport (SBA)
Package Price Includes:
- (2) Nights at the Hotel Corque in Solvang; double occupancy.
- (1) Night at Portola Hotel and Spa in Monterey, CA
- (1) Night at Kit Carson Lodge in South Lake Tahoe, CA
- (2) Nights at Santa Rosa Courtyard Marriott in Santa Rosa, CA
- (1) Night at Holiday Inn Convention Center in Sacramento, CA
- (7) Days of guided cycling with SAG and mechanical support.
- Shuttle Van for airport pickup/drop off, shuttle between ATOC host cities.
- Daily hotel breakfast
- Includes carbon Specialized Tarmac or Rouabix road bikes.
- Shipped Bikes built on arrival and boxed on departure at local bicycle shop.
- (3) Hosted Dinners at local favorite. Includes open menu, tax & gratuity (alcohol and wine not included).
- (1) Wine-Maker's dinner in the wine country. Includes dinner and select local wines.
- Single Supplement, add $895 per person
- For custom “Santa Barbara Cycling Tours’ jersey, add $110 per jersey (indicate size upon booking).
Total Trip Price: $3,995.00, based on double occupancy. Single supplement, add $900.00
About the AMGEN TOUR OF CALIFORNIA
The eleventh installment of the Amgen Tour of California (ATOC) will once again bring the drama and excitement of a professional bicycle stage race to California. As the largest professional bicycle race in US, this nine-day, 800 mile race starts in Southern California and concludes in the state Capital. Each year the Amgen Tour of California attracts in excess of 1.5 million spectators over the course of this 9-day cycling event – the largest in California Sports History.
Trip Itinerary - Click Here